Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
Finding the right nursing home for an elderly loved one can be a challenge. It seems all the homes are making the same promise to treat your loved one like family. Sadly, it’s all too common that your loved one is not treated like family, but instead is neglected or abused. If you suspect your loved one is the victim of abuse or neglect at a nursing home or assisted living facility, it’s important you contact and work with experienced lawyers.
Common Signs of Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
When neglect or abuse occurs in an adult care facility, the affected individuals are unable or unwilling to speak out. They may have been threatened or don’t understand what is happening and think it’s normal. If you believe the health, safety, and well-being of your loved one has been compromised, call us today.
According to federal regulations, nursing home neglect includes:
- Failure to assist in personal hygiene
- Failure to provide appropriate food, clothing and shelter
- Failure to provide appropriate medical care
- Failure to prevent or treat malnutrition and dehydration
- Failure to prevent falls
Nursing home abuse includes:
- Development of bed sores and ulcers
- Excessive and/or rapid weight loss
- Broken bones and/or unexplained falls
- Open wounds, cuts, bruises, or welts
- Injuries resulting from restraint or lack of restraint
- Unexplained or unexpected death
How Daniels Law Firm Helps Your Loved One
We represent both residents and family members of those who have suffered nursing home abuseor neglect. Facilities that don’t honor their commitment to provide honest care should be held accountable.Call us today to begin investigating.